NOTE: Judging is Saturday. Awards will be on display Sunday. Members and public will be voting only Friday and Saturday. Judging categories’ definitions are on the Categories page.
(The Quilt Show Committee updated Judging Categories November 2014. CCQ Quilt Show is every “odd number” year. Next Show is 2017. )
CCQ Quilt Show Policies
- Quilts must be clean and free of animal hair.
- Quilts may not exceed 120 inches on any one side (due to display restrictions).
- Each quilt must have a label sewn on the back, either permanent or temporary, which includes the name of the CCQ member entering the quilt in the show.
- The Committee’s Chair can limit the number of entries per person to maximize hanging space and ensure all members have an opportunity to enter at least one quilt.
- Quilt entries for judging must have been completed after the last CCQ quilt show (April 2013); worked on by a CCQ member; and not entered in any previous CCQ shows.
- To enter a quilt, you must be an active Capital City Quilters’ Guild member, with current year dues paid by November 30. The Quilt Show Chair may waive this requirement for new members on a case by case basis.
- All entries must have a hanging sleeve attached, either temporarily or permanently, to the back of the quilt. The hanging sleeve must be one inch from the top of the quilt, three inches wide, and three inches shorter than the finished width of the quilt.
- Submit one completed Entry Form for each quilt.
- Complete both sections of the Entry Form; give the top section to the Coordinator.
- Deadlines are noted on the Entry Form. There will be no exceptions for late entries.
- Show coordinators reserve the right to edit Entry Form descriptions for spelling, grammar, and length.
- No entries will be accepted for either the quilt show or small quilt auction after the posted deadline dates.
- Entry Forms will be accepted at the two monthly Guild meetings prior to the month of the show, by email, mail, or in person by a show coordinator.
- Attach the bottom of the entry form, the “Quilt Tag” to your quilt with a safety pin. If the Quilt Tag is not attached, and all sections are not completed, the entry will not be hung.
- Two Guild Board members will be present at the Friday “hanging” of the quilts.
- Members and the public will vote only Friday and Saturday. Awards will be on display Sunday.
- All entries will be displayed for the entire show. Nothing may be removed before Sunday closing time.
- Judging by the non-Guild member panel is Saturday after tallying the votes by the membership. Awards will be on display Sunday.
- Silent auction quilts not paid for at the quilt show will be coordinated for receipt and delivery at a later date by show coordinators.
- The Guild’s Treasurer (or other designated CCQ Board member) will be present at the show on Sunday, closing time, to collect monies for silent auction quilts paid for at the show.
- Quilts submitted must be delivered Friday to the location of the show by the deadline noted on the entry form “Quilt Tag” by the owner or designee and picked up by him or her the last day of the show, Sunday, no earlier than 5PM.
- Quilt Show co-chairs are not responsible for quilts or other items left after 5:00PM on Sunday. The co-chairs will collect any items left, but it is the responsibility of the owner to arrange for pick-up.
- Every attempt will be made to handle quilts appropriately and ensure safety at Centennial Hall.
- CCQ assumes no liability for entries requiring special handling, such as those with fragile embellishments, special framing or hanging apparatus, and quilts that cannot be folded.
- Fundraiser Quilts – Any entries made for the sole purpose of being a fundraiser for any organization will be entered in the Serendipity category. No advertising for that event will be allowed through the CCQ Quilt Show in any way, shape, or form.
- Quilts For Sale – CCQ’s non-profit status will not allow any quilts to be sold at the Show, outside of the Small Quilt Silent Auction. Interested buyers may contact quilters directly for details; however, no advertising or other promotion of quilt sales may occur during the Quilt Show.